PE and Sports Premium
The purpose of the PE and Sport Premium is to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of primary-aged pupils. It is also to be used to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
This use of the PE and Sport Premium at The Bliss Charity School is aligned with the school’s vision of providing enriching experiences and developing physical skills.
To develop PE and sport - and to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles – the PE and Sport Premium at The Bliss Charity School is allocated to the following five areas:
- Quality PE Lessons - For all pupils to access high quality, active and well-resourced PE lessons throughout the school.
- Active Playground - For the playground to be a safe, healthy environment full of adult-led and child-led physical activity.
- Intra-school Sport - For all pupils to have regular opportunities to engage in competitive sporting activity in a range of activities with other children at the school.
- Inter-school Sport - For as many pupils as possible to have regular opportunities for competitive sporting activity in a range of activities with children from other schools.
- Health and Well-being - For pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of physical and mental health, with well-being education integrated into the school curriculum and greater access to nutritious food and drink provided within the school day.
Our ‘PE and Sport Premium Strategy 2017-2018’ (below) details how we are intending to spend our funding this year.
To see the impact of our funding last year, please read the evaluated version the ‘PE and Sport Premium Strategy 2016-2017’ (below).