The Pupil Premium is an additional grant paid to schools to:
- raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential
- support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
|School||The Bliss Charity School|
|Academic Year||2016-17||Total PP budget||£34,620||Date of most recent PP review||March 2017|
|Total number of pupils||192||Number of pupils eligible for the PP||28 (15%)||Date for next internal review of this strategy||July 2017|
The school’s current Pupil Premium Strategy Statement focuses on five areas:
- Deductive and inferential reading.
- Letter formation and handwriting automaticity.
- Number fluency and calculation automaticity.
- Higher progress rates for pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium.
- Metacognition and self-regulation.
- Increased attendance rates for pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium.
See the ‘Pupil Premium Strategy 2016-2017 (The Bliss Charity School)’ for details regarding Pupil Premium expenditure and its intended outcomes, as well as a current ‘Implementation Review - March 2017’