The Pupil Premium is an additional grant paid to schools to:
- raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential
- support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
The school’s current Pupil Premium Strategy Statement focuses on five areas:
- Deductive and inferential reading.
- Letter formation and handwriting automaticity.
- Number fluency and calculation automaticity.
- Higher progress rates for pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium.
- Metacognition and self-regulation.
- Increased attendance rates for pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium.